Back to School with LabXchange: Free Webinars in 2021
Whether you are heading into a new school year or looking for solutions to enhance your current classes, LabXchange invites you to join a free 1-hour webinar. In particular, you can learn more about LabXchange, and how it can support differentiated and remote teaching and learning.
Webinar Dates and Registration Links:
- Wednesday, January 20th, 4 p.m. EST
- Wednesday, February 3rd, 9 a.m. EST
- Monday, February 15th, 8 a.m. EST
Harvard University’s LabXchange is a free online platform designed to support science education. Using the LabXchange library, educators can remix and share high-quality content to support differentiated, personalized learning. LabXchange also connects learners, educators and researchers through social features such as private classes, discussion forums, and mentorship.
With LabXchange, you and your students can:
- Learn new lab techniques as well as experiment with common lab tools by using our virtual lab simulations.
- Explore molecular processes at your own pace with interactives designed both with graphics and text explanations.
- Practice designing experiments to answer a research question.
- Explore diverse careers in STEM and hear stories from real scientists.
- Combine content from our library with content types you create into a customized learning pathway. In this way, you’ll showcase your unique perspective on a topic.
- Explore cutting edge technologies like CRISPR or gene cloning through multiple lenses.
- Connect with learners and peers through private classes, discussion forums, and the ability to mentor or be mentored.
- … and more!
In this workshop, you will:
- Learn how LabXchange can support differentiated, student-centered online learning as well as develop your professional skills.
- Take a guided tour of the different ways both educators and students can use LabXchange to personalize learning.
- Explore how virtual lab simulations can also support development of lab skills in a hybrid or remote learning environment.
- Learn how to share content with students as well as collaborate with colleagues using the classes feature of LabXchange.